- Dec 14 - We will be hosting a
tournament during the May 22-24 weekend.
- Dec 10 - A team meeting will be scheduled for
late-February for returning and confirmed players.
Indoor workouts for new and returning players are
being considered for March and April. Outdoor
tryouts begin in April.
- Oct 24 - Jacob, or Jake as some of his teammates
continues his season with the Junior 'A' Aurora
Tigers. Go Jake!
- Oct 24 - We will decide whether we want
to be AA and participate in TBA playoffs or if we want
to be AAA and enter the Eliminations.
AA or AAA?
- Oct 16 - Congratulations to Brandon ('08) for being
awarded a full card with the
Quest for Gold athlete assistance program through
Field Hockey Ontario. Good luck Brandon!
- Oct 16 - Congratulations to James McNeill ('08)
for playing and pitching with the University of
Toronto Blues baseball team for the full season.
Other ex-NY Midgets playing with 2008 University
baseball teams include McGill's Steve Hersch
('04-'06), and Dalhousie's Chris Gott ('05-'06).
- Oct 15 - Hockey pool entries have been
- Oct 7 - Hockey pool deadline
extended to October
- Sept 30 - Congratulations Mitch - for
winning our baseball playoff teams pool. Entries
for our second fundraiser
(hockey players pool) are due October 5th. Thank
you everyone for supporting our team!
- Sept 17 - Statistics
and pictures updated. Records will be updated
during the Christmas break. You will be emailed
- Sept 16 - We've started our second fundraising
effort - a season-long
hockey pool. Entries are being collected
between Sept 16 and Oct 5th.
- Sept 16 - We lost in the semi-finals of the
tournament. This game was our second 3-2
loss of the tournament to the COBA 18u Allstars - the
host team and defending champions.
- Sept 15 - Town Crier
article outlining success of 2008 North York
Bantam AAA team. At least three players are
expected to join the NY Midgets in 2009.
- Sept 14 - The semi-finals have been rescheduled
for Tuesday night at 6:00pm at Oakville Park.
Finals at 8:30pm.
- Sept 11 - Jerrome hit four doubles and had six RBI
as we defeated Proteach2 by a 10-1 score. Jake
pitched 6+ innings and struck out 7 batters while
allowing only 2 hits.
- Sept 9 - The Stouffville Spirit Junior A hockey
club traded center Jake Mooney to the Aurora Tigers
Junior A hockey club for cash considerations.
- Sept 8 - Bring the $40 tournament fee to our
exhibition game. You'll be benched in the
tournament until you pay this fee.
- Sept 8 - The NY Minor Midget team has decided to
hold their tryouts in April alongside our tryouts.
We may hold optional winter workouts together with
their team in a larger facility.
- Sept 7 - Our practice tonight is canceled.
We will play a intersquad game with the 1993 NY
Bantams on Tuesday Sept. 9th at 7:30pm.
- Sept 6 - Harrison's houseleague team won the NYBA
Bantam houseleague Championship. Harrison
pitched 3 innings in his team's victory.
- Sept 5 - Cannon Cup schedule and maps added
- August 29 - We have invited some North York Bantam
players to our next two practices. This will be
a good opportunity for them to get to know our players
and our team - and it will be a good opportunity for
us to look at some potential players for 2009.
- August 27 - Thornhill defeated Niagara Falls to
win the Midget AA OBAs. During our season we
lost to both teams by one run. Royal York
was eliminated in their third game by Vaughan.
- August 27 - Our practice scheduled for tomorrow is
canceled. Please try to attend our practice next
- August 25 - We have entered the Cannon Cup
tournament. Upcoming schedule is on the sidebar.
There will be a $35-$45 cost per player.
- August 25 - Statistics updated
- August 20 -
Playoff results updated. In the 'A'
playoffs, York defeated High Park in the final game.
North Toronto was disqualified for mistakenly using an
- August 19 - Brandon, quadruple-sport allstar,
was profiled in the Town Crier
- August 19 - The North York Major Bantams finished
silver medalists in the National Championship
tournament in Quebec.
- August 16 - Thanks for a fun season.
Statistics will be updated later this week and any
other baseball information will be forwarded.
Midget Records get updated in the fall.
- August 16 - Our season ended tonight because of a
6-3 loss to Royal York. East York, Royal York,
and North York all had the same playoff record (2-2)
but we were eliminated because of runs against.
- August 16 -
Playoff results updated
- August 13 - We defeated Royal York 6-3 in our
third playoff game. Jake pitched six strong
innings and struck out eleven batters. The second inning was highlighted by a
visit from Coach Niculae - who was dressed in his full work
uniform (with accessories).
- August 12 -
Playoff results updated
- August 11 - Mitch pitched a complete-game 2-hitter
as we won our second playoff game 2-0. The game
only took 1 hr 15 minutes to complete.
Mitch faced only two batters over the minimum. Our
next two playoff games are both against Royal York - on
Wednesday at Bond and on Saturday morning at
- August 9 -
Diamond Premier, a team from Ohio, won the 2008
CABA 18u Aluminum bat World Series. The 14-team
tournament was attended by clubs from South Carolina,
California, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut,
Indiana, and Massachusetts.
Pool play results.
Championship bracket results.
- August 9 - The State Champions from Michigan
declined to participate this season - but
are expected to attend this World Series tournament on
a Director's Qualification in 2009.
- August 9 - Diamond Premier defeated the Ohio
Warhawks in the final game. The Warhawks are the
former amateur organization of current MLB stars
Aaron Hill and Brandon Phillips.
- August 9 - Our 9-game unbeaten streak ended when
we lost our first playoff game today. We last
lost on July 13th. We can still guarantee
getting to the second round if we win the next three
- August 7 - Our pitchers allowed only 3 hits in a
9-0 defeat of the Toronto Mets 16u in our 24th and
final league game. Only four Midget teams in the
past five years have been able to play their complete
schedule - no team had won 20 regular season games.
- August 7 - Jerrome struck out one batter to break
the single-season NY Midget strikeout record
previously held by Eric Treble.
- August 7 - Sean (METS) struck out his older
brother Mitch (NY) in the 5th inning of the METS-NY
game. But with Mitch pitching to Sean in the 6th
inning with the bases loaded, Mitch got Sean to hit an
- August 6 -
Standings and schedule
updated and playoff
- August 5 - Congratulations to the North York
Bantam AAA team - who won the
Eliminations in Windsor. The Bantams
defeated the host team in the final game. They
will represent Ontario in the National Championships
- August 5 - The last time a North York team
attended the Nationals was in 2003 - when the North
York Bantams won the championship (picture,
story) by defeating New Brunswick 1-0 in the final
game thanks to a 7th inning walkoff single by Sean
- August 4 - We will play the Toronto Mets 16u on
Thursday August 7th at 7:30pm at Bond.
- August 4 - The convenor says the playoffs will
start on "August 11th or 12th" - but that may change.
- August 1 - Brendan struck out nine batters in
three innings as we defeated Martingrove 11-1.
Brendan, Justin, Harrison and Michael pitched a
combined seven-inning no-hitter.
- August 1 - Justin scored four runs against
Martingrove - which breaks the NY Midget record of
three runs which had been tied twenty-six times
- August 1 - Statistics
- July 31 - Congratulations to Brandon - who
won a silver medal with the Team Ontario Men's
Field Hockey 19u team in the National Championships in
- July 29 - Schedule
updated. We'll know more about the playoff
schedule, start date, and format in the next couple of
- July 27 - Mitch struck out eight batters in seven
innings as we defeated Vaughan 8-2. We swept our
three-game York-Simcoe Interlock. The NY Midgets
have only lost two of the last fifteen games.
- July 26 - NY Midget results added from
- July 26 - Check out our remaining schedule on the
sidebar. PLAYOFF FORMAT STILL TO CHANGE -
PLAYOFFS MAY START AUGUST 7th?
- July 26 - James won our annual 'skills
competition' practice with 45 points and selected a
big bag of jelly
beans as his prize. Jake finished second and
action figure, and Robert finished third and
pair of socks. Each player also received 3 or 4
packages of these
- July 25 - We collected $410 from our baseball pool
- half of which ($205) will contribute to our trip to Michigan in
2009. The other half will be awarded to the
winner of the pool.
- July 25 - Statistics
- July 25 - Mitch and Jerrome each had three hits as
we defeated Markham 15-4. Robert gave up only
two hits in four innings and faced only one batter over
- July 24 - Mitch, Mike, and Robert each had three
hits as we defeated rival Newmarket 7-6 in eight
innings. AJ pitched three innings in relief of
Jake to get the win, and James pitched the final
inning, striking out the last two batters (with two
runners in scoring position) to get the save.
- July 24 - Check out our remaining schedule on the
sidebar. PLAYOFF FORMAT STILL TO CHANGE -
PLAYOFFS MAY START AUGUST 7th? We'll know
more after this weekend.
- July 20 - Our game against Vaughan is rescheduled
for Sunday July 27th at 2:00pm at Bond.
- July 23 - Wednesday game is canceled and moved to
- July 22 - Last day for
baseball pool entries is now Thursday
- July 20 - Our Sunday game is postponed.
Please remember to bring baseball pool sheets on
- July 17 - Our Friday game against Vaughan is
- July 17 -
- July 14 - More pictures
from Michigan added
- July 14 - Oshawa
pictures added, stats
- July 13 - Our Monday practice is canceled
- July 10 - CABA is letting us attend the World
Series in 2009 instead of this year. We have
already started a
fundraising campaign to raise money for the trip.
Check out our baseball playoff-teams pool.
- July 9 - Congratulations to Brendan, Brandon, and
James - Athlete of the Year at their respective high schools!
- July 8 - Note the change in diamond locations for
the Saturday 3:30pm game in Oshawa. From Ritson
Field to Clarington Park. The tournament package
- July 8 - Picture page 13 added
- July 6 - The Quebec Allstars defeated Ottawa 18u
in the finals of the METS Allstar tournament.
The TBA Allstars lost their quarter-final game 8-0 to
the Quebec Youth Team. Stats and results from
the tournament are
- July 6 - We have decided not to attend a CABA
World Series event - unfortunately there are just too
many players unavailable that week
- July 4 - Pictures added - Pages 6 through 12.
Many more to come.
- July 4 - The TBA Allstars are 2-2 in the METS
Tournament and have qualified for the quarter-finals.
The next game is 3:30pm on Saturday.
Representing NY: James, Jamie, Brandon, Jerrome, Jake,
Dean, Mitch and Anthony.
- June 30 - Stats
updated - email me some pictures!
- June 29 - We returned from Michigan as CABA 18u
State Tournament Champs!! Congratulations
boys! Some highlights:
- Winning three games after falling behind
- Winning three games by a mercy
- Independence Day fireworks during a game
- Brendan pitching two complete games
- Jake and Jerrome each pitching a complete game
- Justin, while playing 1B, throwing a runner out at third base
from the right field foul fence
- Brandon's diving catch
- All-around incredible defense
- Forty-three (43) runs scored in five games
- Jerrome hitting a homerun
- James and Jamie hitting the fence
- Jake stealing home on a pitch
- Four straight doubles to begin the final game
- Justin's grand slam
- June 29 - We have won 12 of our last 14 games
- June 24 - Going to Michigan on Thursday. Be
back next week!
- June 24 - Just past the midpoint of the season,
the NY Midgets have a 12-2 league record and a 16-5
overall record. Two players have pitched no
hitters and one has hit for the cycle. Three
players have hit homeruns. The team average is over
.300 and four starting pitchers have an ERA under
- June 24 - Pictures added to
page 5, and
- June 21 - Jake Mooney hits for the cycle in
a 14-0 victory over the Ontario Women's team.
Harrison pitched four innings and allowed only one
hit. We ended the first three innings with
double-plays. We had 17 hits and every player reached
- June 21 - Statistics
- June 21 -
- June 21 - Thanks to former NY Midget player Chris
Gott ('05-'06) who returned from Halifax just to
attend one of our practices and pitch to our team.
Jake MOONey also made an appearance.
- June 20 - We defeated Royal York by a 7-0 default
after a 4-4 tie went into the 8th inning. The RY
coaches protested the game on the basis that the game
should have ended after 7 innings - even though we had
25 minutes left before time limit. The protest
was denied by the convenor. A Royal York
player was ejected in the 8th inning which caused the
default because they had no players left on their
bench. Mitch earns the win despite blowing the
save. Jerrome struck out 10 batters in 5
- June 20 - Previous years'
team awards added to the
NY Midget records page
- June 18 - Some families are considering staying in
Michigan for three nights - Thursday, Friday,
- June 18 - We only have the batting cage on Friday
- June 18 - A strikeout and a double-play (AJ to
Mike) helps Brendan save the 6th inning and earn a win
for Robert in a 8-3 victory over a tired East York
team. We'll see them full-force in the playoffs.
- June 14 - Wear blue jerseys for our next two games
- June 12 - Bring your Dad (or Mom) to our Father's
Day BP on Sunday
- June 12 - Stats updated
- June 12 - We ended our new Midget team record of
19 consecutive innings without allowing a run
- June 11 - We will enter the Michigan State CABA
Tournament on June 27-29 in St. Clair Shores,
- June 11 - Links updated
- June 10 - The Jefferson, Ohio tournament was
canceled. We will investigate traveling to
another tournament in the USA during the same weekend.
- June 10 - In the last five games, our pitchers
have a team ERA of 0.22!
- June 10 - Mitch pitches a 7-inning no-hitter
in a 1-0 victory over his former association of York.
He allows only one runner to reach third base and
strikes out 10. Back-to-back no hitters!
- June 6 - Stats, standings
- June 6 - In the last four games, we have outscored
our opponents 36-1, struck out 40 of their batters,
and allowed only 6 hits.
- June 6 - Jake pitches a 5-inning no-hitter
in a 12-0 victory over High Park. He allows only
one runner to reach base - a walk in the 5th - and
strikes out 9 while facing one batter over the
- June 5 - Brendan pitches a complete game 2-hit
shutout, striking out 8 and walking 3. Only two
runners reached third base.
- June 5 - Michael Ghazal ties a NY Midget record by
being hit by pitch twice in one game.
- June 3 - Robert throws 11 strikeouts in 6 2/3
innings for a 5-1 victory over York. Jerrome
enters the game with the bases loaded, strikes out one
earns the save.
- June 2 - Congratulations to the Etobicoke Rangers!
The Rangers have decided to go AAA and attend the
Midget AAA Eliminations at the end of the month.
This also means that the Rangers will not participate
in the Midget AA TBA Playoffs and are ineligible for
the Midget AA OBAs.
- June 1 - Stats
updated - some pictures
- June 1 - We defeated Miss. Majors 16u by a 15-0
score but did not advance. The game was
highlighted by Justin's four hits, and Jerrome's
6-inning, 1-hit, 11-strikeout performance.
- June 1 - Brendan, Jamie and Jerrome win the three
game MVP awards for our three games in the Bolton
- June 1 - Over the three-game tournament, Jamie
reaches base in 10 of his 11 plate appearances.
- May 31 - Three badly blown calls in the final two
innings left us with an undeserved 6-5 loss
to Thornhill. Still have a decent shot at
advancing in the Bolton tournament.
- May 29 - The Bolton tournament is 'rain or shine'
First game is at 11:00 - be there at Saturday 10:00am!
- May 25 - Stats updated
- May 25 - We concluded the tournament by defeating
our second AAA team, Mississauga North 17u, by a 9-5
score. The game was highlighted by Justin and
Brandon's amazing outfield catches as well as Robert's
- May 24 - The Mississauga North game was
highlighted by our loading the bases in the 2nd inning
with three straight bunts. All three runners
- May 24 - We lose a crazy game, 9-6, against
host team Mississauga North 18u AAA. Somehow, our pitchers
walked thirteen batters while their team only
- May 24 - We defeat our first AAA team (Whitby) by
a 3-2 score on the last play of the game.
- May 23 - Our five-game winning streak ends with a
3-2 loss to Niagara Falls in the Mississauga
- May 22 - League Notes (Standings) updated as of
- May 22 - Somehow, Robert breaks a composite bat in
practice - right off at the handle. Pretty
- May 22 - Martingrove calls at 5:40 and says they
can't field a team for our game. We win by
forfeit. Instead we have a short, optional,
- May 18 - Practice canceled due to rain
- May 17 - North York Midgets finish a three-day
three-game sweep of the Toronto (East York) Cardinals,
Ontario Women, and Etobicoke Rangers. We're the
only remaining undefeated TBA Midget team. Well
- May 17 - Stats updated.
League Notes (standings)
- May 16 - We saw a fox at Bond!
- May 13 - Purchased five new team bats and three
new helmets from Eagle Beaver. If you ever go to
Eagle Beaver - tell him you play for NY and you get a
- May 10 - Documents updated - swing videos added
- May 10 - Two pictures added
- May 8 - Stats updated
- May 8 - Defeated Scarborough 6-2
- May 7 - Wednesday game canceled
- May 4 - Have fun at the Blue Jays vs. Rays game -
AJ Burnett (3-2) vs.
Andy Sonnanstine (4-1)
- May 4 - Please bring your birth certificate copy
and registration fee this week
- May 1 - Defeated North Toronto (exhibition) 10-4
- Apr 29 - The Saturday May 3rd practice is canceled
- Apr 25 - Documents page updated with Schedule,
expectations, pitch count
- Apr 25 - Exhibition game set vs. North Toronto on
- Apr 25 - Tryouts are DONE! The team looks
- Apr 23 - Exhibition game set vs. Toronto Mets on
- Apr 23 - Group tickets purchased for Blue Jays
game on May 6
- Apr 21 - One more tryout to go! If the
tryout is canceled because of rain - I will phone you
- Apr 20 - We changed the start time of Monday's
tryout to 7:00pm
- Apr 19 - We might change the start time of the
Monday tryout if the TTC goes on strike. We'll
make a decision after Sunday's tryout and update the
- Apr 16 - Only four more tryouts - check the
- Apr 13 - Saturday tryout was canceled, but Sunday
tryout went alright
- Apr 10 - Tryouts updated, Documents updated
- Apr 7 - New team composite bat purchased
- Apr 6 - Successful outdoor tryout!
- Apr 5 - Successful outdoor tryout!
- Mar 31 - No indoor workouts before the first
- Mar 20 - Outdoor tryout schedule posted
- Mar 20 - Full schedule updated with tentative
- Mar 20 - Today is the first day of spring!
- Mar 14 - Tryouts will begin soon after Easter.
Players will be emailed this Wednesday/Thursday with
regard to times and locations
- Mar 14 - The first day of spring is in six (6)
- Mar 14 - All pages are now linked
- Mar 12 - Directions / Maps updated
- Mar 7 - Links, documents updated
- Feb 11 - Entered Oshawa tournament
- Feb 6 - Entered Mississauga North tournament
- Feb 5 - Old tournament results added
- Feb 4 - Old pictures added (2005 - 2007)
- Feb 3 - Highlights, Tryouts, Team Info added
- Feb 3 - Cannon Cup page added
- Feb 3 - Documents added
- Feb 3 - Results, Stats and Records added
- Feb 2 - Tournaments added
- Feb 2 - Site created
- Jan 28 - Entered Jefferson, Ohio tournament
- Jan 25 - Entered Bolton tournament
- Dec 31 - New Catcher's Mitt purchased!
- Dec 31 - Midget Records updated